Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chapter One: “Mommy why do boys don’t cry?”

Growing up being the only girl in the pack was tough. My brothers and cousins did not spoil me and I was not allowed to play with them most of the time. While the girls played with dolls and indoors not to mess up their dresses, I was playing soccer and getting dirty with all of my friends. The moment I realized that not only girls cried, was when we came back from a hiking trip and one of my brothers fell in a hole trying to protect me. We both broke an arm. However, he cried as much as I did, if not more. That moment I realized that not only guys can be tough, but girls too. I believe that not always having a father figure makes someone tough as well, because my mother once told me “Don’t cry, it only makes the boys look tougher” and that will always stay with me forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment